Pages

Welcome

I am the most sporadic writer on the planet, but I promise to do my best to keep writing for whoever decides to follow me. I have books with prompts. If nothing else, you'll get random little stories. Consider this part of my New Years Resolutions, six months later.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Back Again

Look, here I am again. I guess I found something to say for a change. Today, I devoted all day to working out the kinks to an 'easy reader' children's book. Now, I'm working on the rewrite, pulling some things, adding others, and generally sure that this is going to be a horrible project.

Why?

Because I can think of three stories for this series, and I'm terrified they would want more.
Because what do I know about writing for the under-10 catagory?
Because I now have to seek out an agent willing to take a chance on me.

I'm excited because, again, I can think of three stories off the top of my head and I want to find more.
Because I'm doing something new and dangerous, mostly because I can.
Because getting an agent is an important part of being a seriously published author.

I'm going to sit down and write out the next book in the series here soon, and then wrap up with the third. I call the series The Toybox Gang, both because of the prominance of magical stuffed animals, and because of the relative age of the kids.

Wait, I have a fourth story! I almost forgot about that one. It started the whole idea of magical toys after all.

So that's four stories. One written, three additional concieved.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment