Pages

Welcome

I am the most sporadic writer on the planet, but I promise to do my best to keep writing for whoever decides to follow me. I have books with prompts. If nothing else, you'll get random little stories. Consider this part of my New Years Resolutions, six months later.

Monday, September 19, 2011

What to do with a Blog?

I don't know why I decide I want to do these things. I'm not the sort who consistantly writes anything, except stories. But, I am a writer and I'm working on making that my sole focus of support. I have published my first novel via Lulu.com (A Killer Best Friend) and I'm working on the sequel plus a more fun sci-fi story. My true focus in life as always been more towards sci-fi and fantasy writing anyways.

AKBF and it's two sequels are mysteries, and they aren't the best mysteries ever. They are a good beginning for me, I guess.

My science fiction story is currently entitled The Gemini Warriors, and I'm starting the third chapter. It's about ten twenty-somethings from different planets of a Galaxy at war. One of them's from Earth, and she was a dancer who knew about life on other planets because of her adopted brother (aka her "brother from another planet") before Earth was invaded by the bad guys and she was taken prisoner.

The brother from another planet came to Earth when he was twelve and met up with the girl, Jessie, when he was fourteen. They also have another sister and two brothers as part of their family. Daniel, the alien, came from the planet Javor original, and is a soul reader, that is, he can tell when people are meant to be together, as friends, family or lovers, and he likes to keep people's spirits up. Jessie and Daniel are fun, they make jokes that are a little obscure for the off planet people, they play pranks and just generally enjoy the fact that they're together.

The leader of the group is a girl who is currently named Angel, and her second/best friend/brother-in-arms/partner is Alex. They're from Amarantha and Jessie offten refers to them as 'cat people' because of their vaguely cat like features (eyes, ears, retractable claws, aspects of their physiology. No tail though.) Angel's a badass, hands down. She was raised to be a leader and a fighter and she honestly can't picture reacting to life any other way. This usually translates as being a domeneering sort, especially to Alex.

That's enough musing for now, however. I have things to do before I go to work. Be happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment